Roto-Tech Plumbing Contractors takes great pride in offering the Southwest Florida’s community top quality plumbing services. One of the services we specialize in is Water Heater inspection, repair, installation and replacement. Our goal is to always educate our clients and spread awareness on important topics pertaining to plumbing, so today we want to share some important tips with you.
Having hot water in your home is a convenience we often take for granted but definitely something we enjoy when taking long showers, washing dishes, doing laundry, cooking, etc… Tank water heaters are household / commercial devices that consist of a cylindrical container that keeps water continuously hot. They’re usually found in storage closets or garages of homes and are powered by an energy source like electricity or gas. While water heaters look non-threatening, if a problem is left unattended, it can pose a real danger to both your home and your family.
Hiring a professional plumber to inspect, repair or replace your water heater can help you avoid extensive damage to your home and save you thousands of dollars. Updating your water heater can help save you in your monthly electric or gas bill. We have seen the real and serious damage that old, outdated and damaged water heaters can cause to a home and we want to help you live peacefully and safely always.
The Roto-Tech Plumbing team cares about your home safety and comfort so we’re sharing some important Water Heater Safety Tips and Information. Ask about our 100% Financing options and our Plumbing Maintenance Plan. We really go out of our way to make sure all of your plumbing needs are met quickly and efficiently at a price that meets your budget.
6 Water Heater Safety Tips You Should Know
- Make Sure Your Water Heater is Properly Ventilated
- Routinely Test Your Temperature/Pressure Relief Valve
- Remove Fire Hazards Near Your Water Heater
- Check the Temperature Settings
- Install a Carbon Monoxide Monitor
- Get Professional Maintenance
Is it time to upgrade your water heater? Pros of electric water heaters. Lower initial costs. Of all water heater options available on the market today, an electric water heater is likely to be your most affordable option when it comes to upfront price. Efficiency. Safety. Availability. Heating time and recovery rates. Power outages. Operating costs.
Do’s and Don’ts of Hot Water Heater Safety – Boiler and Pressure Vessel Safety – Safety Inspections
Did you know?
- Hot water heaters should be properly sized for your house.
- Extra thick insulation helps prevent radiant heat loss and saves energy and money.
- Water temperatures above 120° F can cause scalding especially on young children.
- Sediment build-up can cause premature tank failure, electric element failure, and excess costs on fuel bills.
- Hot water heaters require yearly maintenance to ensure proper operation.
- Set hot water heater temperature below 120° F.
- Flush hot water heater through drain valve at least once a year to remove sediment build-up.
- Test safety relief valve once a year to ensure proper operation (this device protects the heater from over-pressurizing and from exceeding 210° F.)
- Keep area around hot water heater, clean and free of combustible and flammable material.
- When leaving for vacation, set hot water heater temperature at its lowest setting. This will save money and reduce the risk of any problems while you are away.
- Follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for recommended maintenance schedule.
- Set hot water heater temperature above 120° F.
- Keep combustible material or flammable material or flammable material within 18″ of the hot water heater.
- Never leave children unattended around a hot water heater.
Serving Southwest Florida and the Surrounding Communities: Ft. Myers, Cape Coral, North Ft. Myers, Lehigh Acres, Ft. Myers Beach, Sanibel Island, Captiva, Estero & Bonita Springs. Call 24/7 for any and all of your plumbing emergencies. Ask About our 100% Financing or Plumbing Maintenance Plan, we’re happy to handle all your plumbing needs for new constructions and repairs for residential, commercial and industrial customers.